Drag to explore
F i n d o u t n o w F i n d o u t n o w F i n d o u t n o w
CCF Cadets Chloe
Admissions

Forces Families

We are proud of our longstanding connection with families from the Armed Forces and are delighted to offer additional financial support, to help them achieve continuity throughout their child’s education. From 2023 we are introducing a new Forces Bursary scheme for children of serving members of the armed forces.

Children from the age of 10 can join our large and vibrant boarding community to enjoy all the opportunities on offer at Oakham School. Our homely Boarding Houses, run by teams of experienced and caring staff, provide a stable and secure environment in which children from service families can thrive. We use our extensive experience in welcoming children from the UK and around the world to help your child settle quickly into School life, make friends and feel at home.

Find out what our pupils have to say about life at Oakham School.

How the Forces Bursary scheme works

  • If your family is entitled to receive the Continuity of Education Allowance (CEA) from the Ministry of Defence, the Oakham School Forces Bursary will reduce the cost of full boarding so that 90% of the fee is covered by the CEA, leaving the remaining 10% to be paid by the family.
  • We encourage you to register your child as early as possible, as we have a limited number of places. We invite children to sit the entrance assessments in the January prior to their intended year of entry.
  • After successfully completing the entrance assessments, we ask you to pay an acceptance deposit of £1,000 to secure your child’s place. We will credit this amount to your family’s contribution to the first term’s fees.
  • Families can only receive the Forces Bursary while eligible and in receipt of the CEA. Should family circumstances change, parents should contact the School as soon as possible. Parents should ensure that they read and understand the School’s terms and conditions set out in the Parent Contract.