There has been a lot to celebrate at Oakham School with current pupils and Alumni achieving sporting excellence across a diverse range of sports.
- 1st VII Oakham 7s finished runners up in the Rosslyn Park HSBC National Sevens.
- Form 6 student Toby recently became the 17th Oakhamian to represent England Schools since Lewis Moody’s selection in 1994. Toby scored a try in England U18’s defeat against France and was part of the squad that defeated Wales U18s in Taunton a fortnight later. Toby also represented Northampton Saints in the Premiership Academy Final
- Ollie Crane, Felix Starkey, Dan Ormrod and Ben Taylor all represented Tigers in the Academy in the 3rd /4th Place play off
- OO Jacob Cusick (’21) played for England U20 against Wales
- Fred Davies OO is captaining Durham University Rugby and has broken the BUCS record for tries in a season. Fred has secured a 2-year contract with Bristol Bears for next year.
- OOs Charlie Titcombe and Josh Lewis are both playing 1st team rugby at Loughborough Uni. Charlie recently made an appearance for Worcester Warriers.
- Jed Gelderbloom played for Scotland U20s against England and Italy, at scrum half.
- Hamish Watson won his 49th cap for Scotland.
- OO Imogen Ainsworth has been pursuing her career in sports journalism and has been writing in The Rugby Paper. In the England rugby press conference recently she was the only female journalist in attendance.
- Issy S (Form 7) finished second in the British Indoor Athletics Championships over 400m seniors!
- Sophia B won the U17 300m at the London Indoor Games
- OO Helen Braybrook won a US national university title (Distance Medley Relay) in the NCAA Indoor Championships in Kansas – running for CSU Pueblo.
- Marcus Southwell, Flo Lissaman and Harry Dadd qualified for the English Schools Cross Country Finals
- Joe Johnson and Olli Clarke (Form 5) toured Sri Lanka with the Leicestershire Cricket Academy over half term
- OO Josh Cobb has resigned for the Welsh Fire to play in the Hundred this summer.
- Amy (Form 7) won a gold medal at the British Schools Judo championships
Small-bore Target Rifle Shooting
- Midland Schools Cup Team of 8 – Oakham Schools senior shooters won this event undefeated.
- Midland Schools Cup team of 4 – Andy Wang, Lucas Wong, Christian Hazell and Tom Ganney won the trophy and were undefeated in doing so. A special mention goes to Andy Wang who scored the Highest Possible score (HPS) of 100 whilst shooting against Wellingborough.
British School Small bore Rifle Association (BSSRA)
- Special mentions go to Amy Gao, Oliver Coe and Mark Lever for all scoring a HPS of 100 and to Sam Turner for scoring 3 HPS’s in a row!
Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Target Shooting Association Junior Championship
During this term our shooters have competed in the Tri County Junior championship.
Alex Millgate is the Tri County Junior Champion. Amy Gao was placed Third.
- A well-earned 3-1 victory v Ely for the 1st XI in their last league match of the season. A hat-trick of wins since half term and W4L3 overall to secure 4th place in the table. A great effort, well done boys.
- OO Zac Kennard-Kettle has been nominated to the FA’s Professional Games Match Officials panel, making him, at 21, the youngest referee in the country operating at this level. He recently refereed at Grimsby Town in the National League in front of 5,000 supporters.
- Well done to Harry who was part of the winning team that won the National Schools Sailing Association (NSSA) 2022 Double Handed Racing Championship.
- Tyrese Johnson-Fisher OO has recently signed a professional contract with Istanbul Rams, who play in the European League of Football (American Football)