Oakham School Results 2021
Overall 65% of all exams taken (at A-level, BTEC, Pre-U or in the IB Diploma) were awarded A* or A grades or equivalent (89% A*/B grades)
A-level/ Pre-U/ BTEC
- A*/A grades: 59%
- A*-B grades: 85%
- Overall pass rate of 100%
- 36 pupils achieved straight A*/A grades
- Average point score: 35 (compared with the worldwide average of 30)
- More than a third of pupils (37.5%) achieved 40 or more points (equivalent to 4 A*s at A-level)
- Two students achieved 44 (out of a maximum of 45 points) putting them in the top 1% of students worldwide.
- A*/A grades equivalent (7-6): 65%
- A*-B grades equivalent (7-5): 89%
- A*/A/9-7: 66%
- A*-B/9-6: 83%
- A*-C/9-4: 99%
As we continue to celebrate the fantastic results of our students across the board this year, we also wish to also congratulate them on overcoming the unprecedented challenges they have faced during the pandemic. Despite examinations not taking place in the traditional sense, the hard work of students across the School is still being recognised.
Overall, it’s been a very good year of examination results:
- A-level: Over half of all our students’ A-level grades awarded were A* or A (59%), and 85% were awarded A*-B grades. We are very proud to say that overall, there was a 100% pass rate and that these grades have been consistent with previous years.
- IB Diploma: More than a third (37.5%) of pupils achieved 40 or more points in their IB Diploma which is equivalent to 4 A*s at A-level. Two students have claimed places in the top 1% worldwide after achieving 44 points out of a maximum 45. We are particularly proud that, as has been the case in previous years, all of the students passed their IBDP, and it is particularly notable in the year that sees Oakham School celebrate 20 years of offering the Diploma Programme.
- BTEC: Our BTEC courses continue to be a popular choice, and this year has seen some great pupil successes in the two subjects offered at Oakham. In Sports Science, 90% of the Form 7 pupils achieved the equivalent of A*A, with 70% of pupils achieving the top marks of two Distinction* grades (equivalent to A*A*). Business BTEC also enjoyed great results overall, with all pupils achieving the equivalent of A* or A grade.
- GCSEs: We are delighted to see 28% of Oakham’s students were awarded grade 9 in their GCSEs, with 66% being awarded grade 9-7 (A*-A) and 99% awarded grade 9-4 (A*-C).
- University entry: University success continues to be excellent, with pupils having secured places to study at leading universities across the UK and overseas. These include four pupils going to Oxbridge to study Engineering, Biological Science and Human and Political Sciences. Several pupils have secured much-coveted places in some of the best European and American universities, and a number accepting offers to study Medicine and Dentistry. Oakham School places great emphasis on helping each pupil find the right pathway for themselves. We are very proud of those pupils taking up their places at specialist Drama, Art and Music Schools and delighted that pupils have been awarded highly competitive and prestigious apprenticeships.