Oakham School Results
Updated 18 July 2016
Oakham School students have yet again achieved excellent exam results, with over half of all exams taken being awarded A* or A grades or equivalent.
A-level and Pre-U highlights:
- 54% of all exams taken awarded A* or A grades or equivalent
- 81% of all exams taken awarded A*-B grades, or equivalent
- 31 A-level students achieved straight A*s/As and 15 IB students achieved 40 or more points (the equivalent, or more than, 4 A*s at A-level)
- 17% of all grades were A*
- 43% of all A-level grades were A* or A
- 31 of students gained straight A*-A grades
- 74% of all A-level grades were A*-B
- 99.5% pass
- Average points score of 37.2, compared with the worldwide average of 30.2.
- The equivalent pass rate to A*–B grades at A-level is an impressive 96.7%.
- One student scored the maximum 45 points, a feat achieved by just 0.3% of students worldwide.
- 26.7% of students gained 40 or more points (equivalent to 4 A*s at A-level).
- 51.7% gained 38 or more points (equivalent to 5 As at A-level).
GCSE / IGCSE 2016
As well as an impressive 42 students achieving straight A*/A grades, the School saw almost a third of all exams taken gaining the top A* grade.
- 42 students achieved straight A*/A grades
- 30% of exams taken were awarded A* grades
- 62% of exams taken were awarded A*/A grades
- 97% of exams taken were awarded A*-C grades
Over half of all Oakhamians get the top grades!
18 August 2016
Oakham School students have yet again achieved excellent exam results, with an impressive 54% of all exams taken being awarded A* or A grades or equivalent!
Our Seventh Form (Year 13), who have taken A-levels, Pre-U and the International Baccalaureate Diploma, leave Oakham to go on a range of top universities across the UK and the World.
A staggering 31 of our A-level students gained straight A*-A grades, four of whom excelled even further by securing straight A*s! Kason and Quincy Lin both achieved an incredible five A*s, Leon Guerrero achieved four A*s to win his place at Oxford to study Physics, whilst Max Jones gained four A*s to also win his place at Cambridge to study Natural Sciences.
Other students with impressive straight A* and A grades include Penny Skipper, who captained the national-title-holding Midlands (ISFA) football squad, and Hannah Lockington, who was part of the Chamber Choir that reached the finals of the BBC Songs of Praise Choir of the Year competition.
Students studying STEM subjects (the Sciences, Mathematics and Design Technology) achieved particularly exceptional A-level results, most notably Mathematics. Every single student (11 in total) who studied Further Mathematics achieved an A*, and nearly 40% of Mathematic grades were awarded the top A* grade.
“It is wonderful to see our students excel following all of their hard work over the years,” says Headmaster Nigel Lashbrook. “I am particularly proud to see two contrasting parts of the curriculum do so very well – the STEM subjects and the Creative Arts. Whilst an impressive 63% of all A-level grades in STEM subjects were A*-A grades, our Creative Arts rivalled these results – with 59% of Art grades being awarded the top A*-A marks. This is a wonderful snapshot of the outstanding breadth of opportunities and teaching at Oakham.”
“We wish all of our leavers success and happiness as they move on to the next stage of their lives. As always, results days are a reflection of just one part of what Oakhamians achieve during their time at school. We have equipped them with so much more than just an excellent set of exam results – I’m confident that they now have the skills, abilities, aptitude and character to set their sights on any challenge they may choose to take on!”